WHAT DOES SMART FACTORY WITH ORBIS MEAN FOR YOU?
- 100% SAP integration - the factory is completely mirrored in SAP
- Continuous automation of business processes (digitalization)
- Integration of all actors involved in the processes (such as people, technical objects, Services and systems)
- Flexible reaction to customer requirements
- Shortening of innovation cycles
PROCESS AUTOMATION: ECONOMICAL PRODUCTION DOWN TO 'LOT SIZE OF 1'
Smart Factory with ORBIS means complete automation and real-time networking between production processes and all involved actors, from SAP ERP system all the way to shop floor control level. Process interruptions are eliminated and the error-prone manual recording of data is replaced by a fast, automated exchange of information.
The result is an autonomously operating, highly available digital factory where products down to a lot size of 1 are manufactured economically and not more expensive than in series production.
The Smart Factory can be implemented in the SAP environment using the ORBIS digitalization suite, which is completely integrated into the existing SAP software - SAP Business Suite or SAP S/4HANA - and consequently into the SAP processes. Machines and devices are integrated bi-directionally into the SAP processes, enabling fully automated, highly visible processes.
Visit our Smart Factory showroom on the Innovation Campus of the Saarland University of Applied Sciences. We will show you process automation in real-time.